Swiss Onion Bake
- 2 Tbsp
- butter ( or margarine )
- 2 c
- sliced onion
- hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 oz
- process swiss cheese, shredded
- 10 1/2 oz
- can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- prepared mustard
- 6 slice
- french bread, cut 1/2 inch thick and buttered
How to Make Swiss Onion Bake
- 1In skillet, melt butter.
Add onions, cook till tender
Spread onions in bottom of 10 x 6 x 1 1/2 baking dish
Top with sliced eggs; sprinkle with shredded cheese
- 2In saucepan, combine soup, milk, and mustard; heat and stir till smooth.
Pour over casserole, being sure some goes to bottom.
- 3Place bread slices on top, over-lapping a little.
Bake in moderate oven ( 350 F ) for35 minutes or till hot.
Broil a few minutes to toast bread.
- 4Note: You can make this vegetarian by substituting cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.