Susan's Bacon Quiche Lorraine
6 slicebacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1prepared pie crust
1 1/2 cchopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cfinely minced onion, sauteed in bacon grease
1 1/2 cshredded swiss and cheddar cheeses
1 1/2 chalf & half
2 pinchsalt and pepper to taste
1grating of nutmeg
How to Make Susan's Bacon Quiche Lorraine
- Cook the bacon crisp, reserving the drippings to saute the onion. Crumble bacon and set aside. Saute the onion in the reserved bacon grease until slightly softened; drain and set aside.
- Line a pie plate or iron skillet with the pie crust. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the spinach and sauteed onions in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the shredded cheeses.
- Beat eggs with the half & half, and stir in the seasonings. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie crust. Top with the crumbled bacon.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes, until set in the center and crust is done. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving. Quiche may be served hot, at room temperature, or even cold. Refrigerate any leftovers immediately.