Spinach & Bacon Quiche
- pie pastry, blind baked
- 1/2 pkg
- 10 oz spinach
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic (i used jarred)
- 6 slice
- thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh ground pepper (or more!)
- 1/8 tsp
- 6 oz
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 oz
- colby jack cheese, shredded (can use doubled amount)
How to Make Spinach & Bacon Quiche
- 1To blind bake pastry: Pre-heat oven to 425F. Place homemade or store bought (defrosted) pie crust into tart pan. Smush down on the sides a bit, making the crust thicker towards the top. With a fine tined fork prick the bottom crust all over. Line with aluminum foil (making sure to have foil right up against the sides) and weigh down with dried beans or pie weights. Bake for 7 min, take out foil and beans, and bake another 3. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 2While pastry is baking in large measuring cup or bowl beat eggs. Beat in cream, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Set aside to knock the chill off, at least 10 minutes.
- 3In a medium skillet heat water until boiling. Dump in the spinach and garlic and quickly cover with either a tight fighting lid or a heat proof plate one size too small. Cook for 2 min or until spinach is wilted. Take off lid and cook until water is evaporated, set aside to cool.
- 4Turn oven down to 375. Sprinkle Swiss cheese onto bottom of pie crust until covered. If there is any remaining toss into egg mixture with the colby jack cheese, cooled spinach and bacon. Carefully ladle mixture into pan and cook in pre-heated oven for 30 min, or until golden and center is set.
- 5Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.