SPINACH, ASIAGO, ARTICHOKE QUICHE
If you don't like one of the ingredients, just leave it out. Use the basic formula and customize it to your liking.
- pie crust-deep dish
- 1 1/2 c
- crisco (vegetable shortening)
- 3 c
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp
- ice cold water
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 6 slice
- thick cut hickory smoked bacon
- 8 oz
- button mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 6 large
- 1 1/2 c
- milk or half and half
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c
- minced onion
- 1 can(s)
- artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 6 oz
- asiago cheese, grated
- 10 oz
- frozen chopped spinach-thawed and squeezed dry
PERFECT PIE CRUST-THE PIONEER WOMAN-
THIS MAKES 3 SINGLE CRUSTS THAT FREEZE VERY WELL.TUTORIAL HERE: HTTP://THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM/COOKING/2007/12/P-P-P-PIE_CRUST_AND_ITS_P-P-P-PERFECT/
How to Make SPINACH, ASIAGO, ARTICHOKE QUICHE
- 1Line a deep dish pie plate with crust.
- 2Cook bacon till crisp, drain on paper towels and then coarsly chop.
- 3slice and cook mushrooms in 2TBSP butter until golden over medium high heat. Remove to a plate and cool to room temperature.
- 4IMPORTANT....Heat oven to 450 with a baking sheet on the lowest rack for 10 minutes.
- 5Break eggs into a large bowl and Whisk to combine yolks and whites thoroughly. Add milk or 1/2 & 1/2, and salt & pepper, mixing well.
- 6Fill your prepared crust with all the fillings except the egg mixture.
Once baking sheet is heated-MOVE it and the rack to the center position of the oven.
Place crust hot baking sheet then carefully pour egg mixture over fillings.
Gently push rack in and bake for 15 minutes(at 450)
- 7Turn oven down to 325 and cook for 45 minutes, or until just set.
Watch that the crust doesn't get too dark, cover with foil or a crust shield if needed.
Allow to cool and set for at least 30 minutes before cutting.