Southern Style Skillet Breakfast Combo
I make it with a variety of meats we already have. My hubbys favorite is with Ham. Be creative and try different meats to see which your family might enjoy the most! ~
- 1/2 lb
- favorite breakfast meat, bacon, ham, sausage, smoked sausage
- onion, cut into long length pieces
- 1 sweet large
- red bell pepper, hulled out, cut instrips
- 2 medium
- green bell peppers, hulled out, cut in strips
- new potatoes with red skin, leave skins on,
- eggs, beat together with wee bit of can milk
- 1/4 c
- canola oil for skillet
- 1 pkg
- shredded cheese
- 1 jar(s)
- favorite salsa
How to Make Southern Style Skillet Breakfast Combo
- 1First Step:
Clean peppers, hull out seeds and core and rinse again, lay to one side until ready to add to skillet.
- 2Second Step:
Peel and rinse off onion, and lay over with peppers.
- 3Third Step:
Choose how many red potatoes you thinmk you might need. Wash off tatters, then lay with peppers, and onion.
- 4Fourth Step:
In skillet add the Canola oil and turn on low heat, if you want to spice it up, you can use Garlic Oil.?
- 5Fifth Step:
Start by frying up the meat of your choice, when meat is almost done, then you will add your red skin tatters, cutting into fourths. (The tatters will take a little longer to tenderize.
- 6Sixth Step:
As tatters start to soften, then we add the veggies. And one at a time.
- 7If you need to add a little more oil, you may do so.
Take the peppers and cut each in long strips, add skillet. Toss gently with wooden fork.
- 8Eigth Step:
Follow the same with the onion and add to skillet. Let the onion lay on top for at least 1-2 minutes, before folding in with the skillet mixture. Cover with a lid and let cook slowly, stirring occassionally.
- 9In a small bowl, beat eggs with a little bit of can milk. Stir well to mix.
- 10When the skillet mixture is all tender, scoop onto either a platter or a shallow medium size bowl.
- 11In same skillet, pour in your eggs and allow to scramble till done.
Scoop the scrambled eggs over the top of the meat mixture, evenly, then add shredded cheese to the top of the eggs and Walaaaah! You are ready to serve Southern Breakfast Combo for brunch, breakfast or even an evening meal.~
Add buttered tortillas and a little salsa and a scoop of this mouth watering dish. Or you can eat it with buttered Toast. Eat and Enjoy~ It is sure to please a crowd!!!!