Southern Sausage/Egg Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Grits are always great for breakfast. Serve this at your next brunch, and watch it disappear. It has all the yummy breakfast ingredients people love. Add some fresh fruit and you have a great meal.
I baked this in a 9x13 dish. The Test Kitchen
4 mediumsausage patties or your favorite healthy substitute
2 ccooked grits
1/2 smallonion, chopped
1/2 smalltomato, chopped
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese
2 dash(es)salt (to taste)
2 dash(es)pepper (to taste)
2 dash(es)garlic powder
1 Tbspbutter or substitute
How to Make Southern Sausage/Egg Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate pot, cook grits approx 20 minutes, adding butter and salt to taste.
- Cook sausage patties in pan on medium high heat.
- After cooking sausage patties, chop up in bite size pieces.
- Add chopped onion, saute until soft.
- In a bowl, break eggs and stir well with fork.
- Layer sausage, onions, chopped tomato, shredded cheese, stir in grits and add eggs, stir. (in that order)
- Put in oven at 350 for 30 minutes, take out and let set for 5 minutes.