Slow Cooker potato ham and eggs
2 lbpackage frozen shredded potatoes, defrosted
1/2 cevaporated no fat milk
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspsea salt
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 lbdiced ham
2 csharp cheddar cheese
1 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Slow Cooker potato ham and eggs
- Beat the eggs well. Stir in the milk, and blend in the flour, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Saute the onions until they are limp, but do not brown. Add to the milk & egg mixture.
- Add the ham (I buy the 8 oz. packages of diced ham and use two of these). Stir in parsley; Add the Parmesan and 1 cup of the cheddar.
- Mix in the defrosted potatoes, stirring well.
- I like to use liners in my slow cooker. If you don't, be sure to grease the crock well before adding the mixture; Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top; add more parsley on top, if desired.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 3 hours. The eggs should be set in the middle. You can test by inserting a knife into the middle. Every slow cooker is different, so check on this at about 2-1/2 hours.