Slow Cooker Breakfast
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a really flavorful breakfast. I think the addition of peppers and onions to the O'Brien potatoes makes it really good.
We all know potatoes + anything = wonderful! The Test Kitchen
32 ozbag of frozen O'Brien style hash browns, defrosted , rinsed and patted dry
1 lbsausage, bacon or ham (or any combo you like)
1 mediumonion, diced
1bell pepper, diced (use whatever color you like best)
3/4 cmilk, 2%
3/4 csour cream
1 tspdry mustard
1 tspgarlic powder
·salt and pepper to taste
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Slow Cooker Breakfast
- Cook meat, drain and crumble. Set aside. Save a bit of the oil and add onion and peppers. Cook until onions are soft.
- Spray 6 qt. slow cooker with non-stick spray or use liner for slow cooker.
- Put in half the potatoes, meat and vegetables in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat.
- Mix together eggs, milk, sour cream and seasonings. Pour this mixture over the top of ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for eight hours.
- I make this for our family when we are up at the cabin for holiday weekends. It's nice to not have to prepare a huge breakfast in the morning. Just turn it on before you go to bed and it's ready when you wake up. Hope you enjoy!!