Scrambled Egg Casserole
This is also perfect for those Saturday mornings when everyone is gathered for breakfast.
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 c
- shredded process american cheese
- 1 c
- cubed fully cooked ham
- eggs, beaten
- 1 can(s)
- (4-ozs.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 1/2 c
- soft bread crumbs
- additional sliced green onions, optional
How to Make Scrambled Egg Casserole
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk; cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheese; mix well and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute ham and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until onions are tender. Add eggs. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs begin to set. Add the mushrooms and cheese sauce; mix well.
- 3Pour into a greased 11"x7"x2" baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 4Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with onions if desired.