- 1 qt
- half and half
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 1 lb
- loaf italian bread - cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- butter (divided)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
How to Make Savory Bread Pudding Breakfast Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 muffin cups liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown and crumble sausage. Set aside to cool.
Brown and crumble bacon. Set aside to cool.
Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.
Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
- 2With a whisk, mix 12 eggs and 2/3 cup of half and half. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in large skillet. Scramble eggs until just done. Set aside to cool.
- 3Whisk together remaining half and half and 4 eggs. Pour mixture over bread and make sure all the bread gets soaked. Let set for a few minutes until all the liquid is soaked up.
Mix in melted butter, cooled sausage and bacon, and cheese. Gently mix in scrambled eggs. Try not to break them up too much.
- 4Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Until tops are browned and custard is set (a knife inserted into center of muffin should come out clean.)
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 5These freeze extremely well and make a great quick breakfast!