- 16 oz
- pork sausage, mild
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated hash browns (1-lb.-4oz.pkg)
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper sauce
- refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
How to Make Sausage-Potato Pie
- 1Heat oven to 425, spray 9in. deep dish pie plate w/cooking spray.
Cook sausage,crumble while stirring and cook till done.
- 2Add hash browns and onions to sausage, mix well. cook 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are slightly soft, stir occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in cheese.
- 3Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, add milk,salt,pepper and red pepper sauce,whisk some more.Reserve 1 Tbsp. egg mixture.Add potato mixture to egg mixture stir well.
spoon mixture into prepared pie plate, keeping mixture away from edges.
- 4Remove crust from pouch,unroll; and place on top of potato mixture, tucking edges of crust around mixture. turn edges under and press to pie pan. Cut several slits in top of crust for steam to escape. brush with reserved egg mixture.
- 5Bake 25 minutes.Cover pie w/foil to prevent excessive browning and bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and crust is a golden brown.To serve cut into wedges.