Sausage Mushroom Casserole
It has been a favorite for years and something my husband and grown sons still ask me to make!
- 2 pkg
- jimmy dean sausage roll (sage or regular)
- 6-8 slice
- white bread (crust trimmed off the top)
- eggs (beaten)
- 1 pkg
- shreaded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 2 tsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 jar(s)
- sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 c
- milk, 2%
How to Make Sausage Mushroom Casserole
- 1Use a 9 x 13 baking pan, spray with Pam.
Brown and drain sausage.
Cut bread in 1/2 slices (trimming the crust off tops) and lay them in the pan.
- 2Cover bread slices with cooked sausage and spread the 2 cups of shreadded cheese over sausage.
Beat eggs, 2 cups of milk, 2 tsp. mustard, and pepper together and pour over the top of the bread, sausage, and cheese. Cover with foil and put into fridge overnight.
- 3Next day, uncover and mix mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of milk and pour over the top; spread to cover.
Top with mushrooms and bake @ 350 for 1hr. and 15 min. Let cool for 20 minutes and then slice.
- 4**This is awesome for breakfast, but we also eat it for dinner! Just make up a salad to go with it!**