★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 slice
- white or other bread
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1 lb
- pork sausage
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1Trim crusts from bread slices; reserve for another use. Spread butter over 1 side of each bread slice. Place bread slices, buttered side up, in bottom of lightly greased 13"x9" pan; set aside.
- 2Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain. Spoon sausage over bread; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3Combine eggs, half-and-half, and salt; pour over cheese. Cover & chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Remove from refrigerator; let stand, covered, 15 min. Uncover and bake at 350° for 45 min or till golden.