Sally Lunn Bread
How to Make Sally Lunn Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan or a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- 3Beat egg yolks with sugar till thick and lemon colored. Beat egg whites till stiff peaks and then fold into egg mixture.
- 4Stir in butter.
- 5Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- 6Turn into prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the remaining sugar (optional).
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 mintes or until done and golden brown. Best served warm.