- slices bacon, cut in pieces and fried or 6 oz bulk breakfast sausage, fully cooked
- 6 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tube(s)
- refrigerated canned biscuits
- 4 oz
- shredded cheddar or any type you like
- 1 1/2 c
- has brown potatoes, optional
How to Make QUICK & EASY BREAKFAST PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open the tube of canned biscuits and place all of them in the bottom of a 9 inch glass pie pan. Press together with fingertips, pushing the dough up the side of the plate as much as you can. (After a few minutes, it will start to shrink back, so keep pushing it together and up the sides of the plate before you add the filling.)
- 2Fry diced bacon until cooked to your liking. (Or cook bulk sausage in loose pieces.) Drain most of the drippings off. Arrange meat in the bottom of the pie dish with your cooked hash browns (if you decide to use them) Break your eggs into a mixing bowl and whip until thoroughly blended. Pour this over the meat mixture in the pie dish. Remember the canned biscuits will rise a little, so be sure and do not over-fill the pie.
- 3Top evenly with shredded cheese. Place in preheated oven and bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes... The edges of the biscuits should be browned.
- 4Using a toothpick, test for doneness. Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot, or cool completely, slice and place slices in freezer bags. You can pull one out of the freezer at a time, and microwave it for your convenience as desired.
- 5(I recommend serving this with a delicious salsa of your choosing. I use ("La Costena" brand) green tomatillo salsa that isn't too spicy. This lends it a wonderful and savory Tex-Mex flavor!)As a side note... Feel free to add other ingredients, like carmelized onions with chunks of sweet bell peppers or spicy jalapenos, chorizo, etc.. You can also sprinkle some slices of black olive on top... Use your appetite and imagination to make this suit your own taste.