Quicheta-Combo of Quiche & Strata
- 1 doz.
- 10 oz
- pkg. fresh baby spinach
- 4 c
- 1 1/2
- loaves of sourdough bread
- 2 pkg
- rolls of your favorite sausage
- 2 c
- fresh grated cheese (your favorite kind)
- 2 lb
- fresh or canned mushrooms (drained)
- fresh tomatoes
- 1 lb
- feta cheese
- bacon bits for garnish topping
- 1 large
- onion (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste (or any other favorite seasoning)
How to Make Quicheta-Combo of Quiche & Strata
- 1Cook up all sausage in fry pan until just done and tender. Make sure to break it up some what small.
Cut up sourdough bread into bite size or smaller chunks and add into large bowl with baby spinach.
With hands tear up baby spinach leaves. They don't have to be tore up too small. Then add into large mixing bowl.
Then cut up and add Onion, shredded Cheese, sliced or canned mushrooms. Add in about half the feta cheese and your favorite seasoning or salt and pepper. Then set large bowl of ingredients off to the side.
- 2In another large bowl mix in the dozen of eggs and milk. Make sure to whisk it and not use an electric beater. Once mixed well, then mix together in the other large bowl of your ingredients. Make sure to mix it all together well so as not to leave a clump of something uncoated with egg.
- 3It's best to use a glass pan for this recipe as it seems to cook evenly and not burn your meal. Make sure to coat a 13x9 glass (oven safe) dish with butter flavor pam or other cooking spray. Then pour all ingredients in dish from large bowl. Slice up tomatoes and lay them nicely over mixture without pushing them down in. Sprinkle with the rest of the container of feta cheese and sprinkle the top of all of that with bacon bits for a bit of extra flavor and garnish.
- 4Put into a pre-heated 325 degree oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour. The Quicheta will rise while in oven. Once it cools it will level back out with dish. Cut and enjoy with family. Or you can enjoy it by yourself. The rest can always be frozen or refrigerated for later meals.