Quicheta-Combo of Quiche & Strata
10 ozpkg. fresh baby spinach
1 1/2loaves of sourdough bread
2 lbrolls of your favorite sausage
3 cfresh grated cheese (your favorite kind)
2 lbfresh or canned mushrooms (drained)
1 lbfeta cheese
1/2 cgreen onions
How to Make Quicheta-Combo of Quiche & Strata
- Cook sausage until soft and done. Strain from grease and put in bowl. Set off to side.
- Cook bacon until soft and done. Put on paper towel to cool and absorb extra grease. After bacon is cool crumble into small pieces. Set aside 1/4 and add the rest into sausage
- Cut up into bite size bits all of the sourdough bread. You can choose different kinds, but I love the taste of the sourdough in this mix. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Tear up into smaller pieces, all baby spinach and add to the sourdough bread.
- Dice up ham and add to sausage. Then take 3/4 of the bacon and add to the bowl with the rest of the meat.
- Cut 3-4 slices of the tomatoes and set them back in the fridge. Dice up the rest of the tomatoes and add to bread mix.
- Slice up all mushrooms or add the already sliced ones if you purchased them that way. Make sure to fully strain if you chose to add canned mushrooms. Add to bread mix.
- Slice up the green onion bunch, all the way to the root. Make sure to throw roots away and save 1/4 of them off to the side. Add rest of green onions to mix.
- Add all of shredded cheese to bread mix. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Add all meats into the bread mix and mix well.
- Crack all eggs into bowl and use a whisk to mix. Add milk in the eggs and make sure to thoroughly mix in.
- Combine egg mix into bowl of meats, bread and other ingredients. Use a stirring spoon or fork to coat all ingredients in the milk and egg mixture.
- In a 13×9 glass baking dish coat the inside evenly with EVOO or your favorite non stick spray. I found that using a glass baking dish cooks more evenly.
- Add all ingredients from your bowl of mixture into baking dish and cook uncovered for 35-45 minutes on 350°.
- After dish is fully cooked, take out of oven and garnish with the tomato slices, feta cheese, & bacon crumbles. Put back in oven on warm for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes to set up. Cut, serve and enjoy.