Vicki Butts (lazyme)
19-inch pie crust, unbaked
3 slicecanadian bacon, 1/4-inch thick, diced
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1/2 cswiss cheese, grated
1 cheavy cream
1 pinchgrated nutmeg
How to Make Quiche Lorraine
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie crust.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat butter. Add bacon and cook for 5 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown. Remove bacon and set aside. Add onions to pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove onions and set aside.
- Cover bottom of pie crust with bacon, onions, and 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining cheese, eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Pour over bacon mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 15 minutes longer, or until custard is well set.
- Serve hot.