Potato Ham Omelet Pie
- 1 pkg
- frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 c
- 3 c
- peeled, sliced potatoes(sometimes i leave the skins on)
- 1 c
- thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 tsp
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- fully cooked cubed ham
- egg lightly beaten with 1t water
How to Make Potato Ham Omelet Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375
- 2On lightly floured surface, roll each puff pastry sheet to a 12 in. square. Place one sqare in lightly greased 10 in quiche dish or 10 in. glass cake pan. Set aside.
- 3Cook potates, onion,and salt in the 1/4c melted butter for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender and starting to brown. Set aside.
- 4Combine the beaten eggs with the 2T water, salt and pepper to taste. Heat and spray a 10 in skillet or omelet pan and add half of the eggs. Cook omelet, lifting edges to let uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cook until set, then slide from pan onto a plate. Repeat with remaining egg.
- 5Sprinkle 1c of the cheese over the pastry in the dish. Top with one of the omelets, the potatoes, the ham, another cup of cheese and the other omelet. Carefully place the remaining rolled puff pastry sheet on top of fillings. Flute edges of pastry and trim. Brush top with the egg/water mixture.
- 6Bake 30-35 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Let stand 10 min. before cutting into wedges to serve.