Potato Bacon Cheese Frittata
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- bag of frozen hash browns (the diced type) thawed
- diced shallot
- 1/4 c
- diced green pepper
- slices bacon
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz carton of egg beaters
How to Make Potato Bacon Cheese Frittata
- 1In a 10 - 12in (*Note that the smaller the skillet the thicker the frittata & longer cooking time)oven proof skillet (I use cast iron )brown your bacon to crisp on med high heat;remove & drain on paper towels. Crumble when cool. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- 2To the same skillet (with remaining drippings) add your shallots and green pepper (you can buy frozen hash browns with onion and pepper in them but I prefer fresh veges in this dish), saute until soft.
- 3In a med bowl, beat the 2 eggs, then add in Egg Beaters and 1 cup cheese. Whisk until blended. Pour atop veges. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook approx 2 minutes or until it mixture starts to settle. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese (or more if you like) and crumbled bacon. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place skillet in oven and continue to cook 10 - 14 minutes or until completely set. (You can test by poking with a fork) I used a 10 in skillet and cooked in oven for 10 minutes and it was perfect.
- 4Serve warm with homemade biscuits. Want to spice it up...grap a bottle of hot sauce, which is my preferred method of eating this or with any egg dish. ENJOY!