- 3 c
- bisquick mix
- 2/3 c
- 20 oz
- pork sausage
- 1 c
- apple [diced]
- 1/4 c
- onion [chopped]
- 1 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- monzzarella cheese [shredded]
- maple syrup, if desired
How to Make Pork Sausage Apple Bake
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray large baking sheet w/cooking spray. In large bowl, mix water & bisquick; knead until dough is smooth. Cover and set aside
- 2In 10in. skillet over med. high heat, cook and stir pork sausage until no longer pink, about 4 min. Add apple and onion; cook about 1 min. Drain. Return to skillet. Stir in cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 3Place Bisquick dough on flat surface; roll the dough to rectangle, 10x14 inches. Spoon sausage mixture onto center of dough; sprinkle with cheese. Pat mixture to within 1-inch of edges of dough. Brush edges with water. Starting with long side, roll dough over sausage mixture forming a loaf. Pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place loaf on baking sheet. Cut 4 short slits in top of dough. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing into 8 slices. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
- 5Tip: A quicker cheat is to roll out can or thawed frozen biscuits/press togeather.
Brush egg white over top of dough just before oven for a beautiful shiny crust.