Philly Cheesesteak Quiche
I used a blend of mild and extra sharp cheddar cheeses. But use any cheese that suits your concept of "Philly Cheesesteak."
This recipe fills a 9-inch foil pie pan.
- eggs (large-ish), beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 pinch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 large
- onion, thinly sliced
- green bell pepper, quartered, seeded & thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- deli roast beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- oil or butter for cooking
- salt & pepper to taste
- unbaked pie shell
- 1 c
- grated cheddar cheese
FILLING - TO BE COOKED IN A 10-12" SKILLET
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Quiche
- 1Prepare the unbaked pie shell. Preheat the oven to 375F. Preheat a 10-12" skillet on medium heat.
- 2Grease the skillet with oil/butter (your choice, but I prefer butter) and add the sliced onion and green pepper. Cook the onions and peppers until they are tender (not mushy) - about 10 minutes.
- 3While the skillet is busy, beat the eggs and milk together, and blend in the nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. salt and some ground black pepper.
- 4Add the deli roast beef, worchestshire sauce and garlic to the skillet and stir while continuing to cook another 3-5 minutes. (Taste the filling and check the seasoning!) Remove the filling from the skillet when finished and allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding to the custard mixture.
- 5Add to the custard mixture the meat/veggie filling and grated cheese. Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
- 6Bake the quiche for 45 minutes at 375F. Use a clean sharp knife to test for doneness (poke the center and see if it comes out clean). The center should not jiggle. (If not done - continue cooking another 5-10 minutes.)