Pecan Praline French Toast
- 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- several dashes of ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf of french bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
How to Make Pecan Praline French Toast
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2in a 12 x 15 inch baking pan, melt butter in oven as it heats, being careful not to burn it. Stir in brown sugar. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3In medium bowl, beat eggs and stir in the milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture. Arrange slices over brown sugar mixture in the pan. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread.
- 4Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or til toast is golden Brown. Invert each slice onto a plate and serve.
Note: If you're making for a smaller group, you can make the French toast in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or a deep 12 inch ovenproof skillet with these proportions. use as many slices of bread as will fit in the pan. This is two thirds of the original recipe and will serve 4 to 6
8 Tbsp. butter, 1 stick
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 dashes ground cinnamon