Pecan Delight Baked French Toast
It's so easy to make the night before, and pop into the oven the next morning.
This is also a wonderful brunch dish or dessert for something different
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Mmmm....mmmm.... good! We used hazelnut creamer and substituted two slices of regular cinnamon bread when we couldn't find thick cut. Naturally, that "forced" us to spread cream cheese on the additional slices too. No complaints! The Test Kitchen
- 6 slice
- thick cinnamon bread
- 1 pkg
- honey nut spreadable cream cheese
- 1 stick
- butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 8 to 9
- 1 pinch
- 1 1/2 c
- coffee creamer (french vanilla or hazelnut)
- 3/4 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Delight Baked French Toast
- 1Spray 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Spread each slice bread with light layer of cream cheese and place in dish.
- 3In separate bowl, melt butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 4In another bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, salt and creamer and pour over bread. Top with brown sugar mixture made in step above.
- 5Sprinkle pecans over entire dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Next morning, leave covered and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.