Peach and Pecan French Toast
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 smallloaf of bread, cubed (any kind of bread is okay. i used italian.)
4 ozcream cheese, cubed
2 can(s)peaches, 29 ounce, drained
1 1/2 cricotta cheese
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Peach and Pecan French Toast
- Tear the bread into cubes. Lay it out on the counter on paper towels to dry out some. Stale bread works okay too.
- Spray 9 X 13 pan with Pam or other nonstick spray. Then put half of the bread cubes in it. Spread them so that the bottom of the pan is covered evenly.
- Over the bread cubes, lay out the cream cheese cubes, spaced evenly. There won't be huge covering, but you will be adding the ricotta so don't worry. There will be plenty of cheese.
- Drain one can of peaches and space them evenly over the bread and cream cheese. Be sure to put some near the edges and in the corners so that they are flavorful too.
- Sprinkle one half of the pecans over and around the peaches.
- Layer the remaining bread over the peaches and everything.
- Put the ricotta on top of the bread with a teaspoon and spread it like you were icing a cake. Be sure to get it in the corners and along the edges.
- Top with the other drained can of peaches, and sprinkle with remaining pecans. If desired, sprinkle on a little more cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: 4 eggs, 2 cups of milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk it about 2 minutes, until the eggs are foamy and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Use non-stick foil if you have it. Crimp it tightly around the edges and put in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake the French toast for 20 minutes at 325 while covered.
- Then remove the foil, and return it to the oven for 20 more minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.