Pantry Breakfast Casserole
- large eggs
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- red bell pepper
- medium yellow onion
- 16 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- cream or milk
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded potatoes (hash browns)
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
How to Make Pantry Breakfast Casserole
- 1Cook Sausage, onion and red bell pepper in skillet on stovetop over med/med high heat until the sausage is browned and veggies are cooked. Season with a little salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 2In another skillet cook hash brown (shredded potatoes) as listed on package. If you are using fresh potatoes that you have shredded, add 2 tbs of vegetable oil to hot skillet and add potatoes..spread out potatoes so that they cover bottom of skillet. Let them cook until crispy then flip over and crisp up other side. remove from heat.
- 3In a medium bowl, crack the 8 eggs into the bowl, add the cream or milk, and a little salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until light and fluffy.
- 4Spray a 13"X 9" baking pan with non stick butter flavored cooking spray. Spread cooked hash brown potatoes over the bottom of the baking pan. Next add the sausage and veggies over top of teh potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the sausage and veggies. Pour the egg mixture over the top of casserole and then add the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprkle the fresh parsely over the top of the casserole.
- 5Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes. (until knife inserted comes out clean.) (casserole will look "set" and edges will be slighly browned and pulling away from edges of baking pan/dish. let casserole stand for 5-10 minutes, then cut into 9 pieces. I served this with fresh sliced summer tomatoes.