Pancetta and Green Onion Breakfast Tart
- butter, for greasing the pan
- flour, for dusting the pan
- unroll-and-bake refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 oz
- pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 c
- shredded gruyere cheese
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Pancetta and Green Onion Breakfast Tart
- 1Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Unroll the pie crust and arrange it in the prepared pan. Gently press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim any excess crust from the top of the pan.
- 3With the tines of a fork, prick the pastry in several places. Using a pastry brush, coat the crust with the beaten egg white.
- 4Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake until the egg white has set, about 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until brown and crispy, about 6 to 8 mintues. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the beaten eggs, mascarpone cheese, Gruyere, green onions, salt, pepper and pancetta. Mix until smooth.
- 7Pour the mixture into the cooled crust and bake until the mixture has set and top is golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.