Pam's Microwave Bomber Breakfast Bake
Dinner?" and I have no inspiration, then dinner will most likely be some kind of egg dish. I wanted something more than just scrambled eggs so I came up with this fast,easy, tasty microwave version of the classic "Breakfast Casserole". Larry proclaimed it "The BOMB!" About 10 minutes prep and 8-10 minutes cooktime, dinner Or Breakfast for 4.
- 2 slice
- bread, whole wheat, toasted and buttered
- 4 oz
- smoked beef sausage ring (like hillshire farms)
- 4 large
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream / half and half
- 1 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 to 2 tsp
- mustard, grainy
- 1 to 2 dash(es)
- hot sauce (your choice of heat level)
- 2 tsp
- chopped chives (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- each of garlic powder and celery salt (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR VARIATION, USE SOME GREEN CHILIES, CILANTRO AND SOME CUMIN WITH MONTERREY OR PEPPER JACK.
How to Make Pam's Microwave Bomber Breakfast Bake
- 1Toast and butter the bread and cut into small squares, about 3/4 inch sq. Place in large microwaveable bowl or casserole (about 8 -10 inches across). Chop the beef sausage into small pieces, add to bowl. Shred cheeses directly into the bowl. Sprinkle in chives if using.
- 2In another smaller bowl, break eggs, add cream and milk and all seasonings desired. Whisk together well to mix. Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and mix together so all bread is moistened and ingredients are evenly distributed. Submerge as much bread as possible under the egg mixture.
- 3Place bowl in microwave and cook for 4 minutes at 30% power. Let rest three minutes and remove from microwave. The center will most likely be VERY liquid, so using a spatula or fork, Lift the edges and let liquid eggs flow to outside of bowl. Carefully fold the outer edges of the casserole up and into the center all around. Level off and place back in microwave. Cook for 4 more minutes at 30% power, and let rest 5 minutes in the micro. At this time, the mixture should be solid and done. If not again lift edges to let egg mix move and microwave 1 more minute.
You can top this with some extra cheese or some paprika or more chives to garnish the top. Cut into quarters and serve with a nice fruit bowl or some kind of juice. (tomato, V8, orange, etc.)