★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 slice
- texas style bread chopped into cubes
- 2 1/4 c
- cubed smoked ham
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese - reserve one cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top of the casserole
- eggs beaten
- 3 c
- half and half
- 1/4 c
- chopped parsley
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- paprika for garnishing the dish
How to Make Overnite Ham and Egg Casserole
- 1Layer half of bread cubes in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cubed ham and 1 Cup of the shredded cheddar cheese over the bread cubes and then layer the remaining bread and ham until done.
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, half and half, parsley, salt, dry mustard, garlic powder and black pepper. Beat until well blended.
Take this mixture and pour over the ham/cheese and bread in the 9x13 baking dish.
Sprinkled the top with the 1 Cup of shredded cheese you set aside and then sprinkle the paprika over the top of the cheese.
- 2Cover and chill overnight. Remove from the fridge and let stand for 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 50/60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.