Overnight French Toast Casserole
1/4 cbutter melted
3/4 cpacked light brown sugar
1loaf brioche, challah,french toast, sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
8eggs slightly beaten
1 cwhole milk
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 cpecans measured then chopped
1/4 tspground ginger
·powdered sugar and maple syrup optional
How to Make Overnight French Toast Casserole
- 1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish overlapping if necessary.
3. Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and pour evenly over bread slices.
4. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bread slices.
5. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
6. In the morning, take the casserole out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes while you are preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
7.Bake casserole for 30-35 minutes. If top starts browning too quickly place a foil loosely over the top of the casserole for the last 10 minutes or so. You want it to cook long enough to make sure the bottom part is cooked but don't dry it out completely.
8. Remove casserole from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.