Overnight Blueberry French Toast
I use day old (or older) french bread or sub rolls. Nice thick bread is best.
- 12 slice
- french bread, day old, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 --8 oz
- pkgs. cream cheese, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 c
- fresh or fresh frozen blueberries
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- maple syrup
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Overnight Blueberry French Toast
- 1Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 C. blueberries over the cream cheese and top with remaining bread cubes. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove the bread-cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover with foil and bake 30 mins. Uncover and continue baking 25-30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.
- 3In a med. saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3-4 min. Mix in a remaining 1 C. blueberries. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min. until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter and pour over the baked French toast.