Mushroom Brunch Bake
- large eggs, well beaten
- slices of white or wheat bread. crusts removed. cut into 1/2 " cubes.
- 6 Tbsp
- butter (4 cut into cubes, and 2 reserved to cook mushrooms)
- 3 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp
- pimentos, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped fine
- 1 lb
- maitake or shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 c
- shredded swiss or gruyere cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Mushroom Brunch Bake
- 1Saute Mushrooms and garlic in butter until soft and just golden brown.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a buttered 19x13x2
casserole dish and refrigerate, covered, overnight. Bake the mixture in a preheated 300 oven for 1 hour, uncovered. Serve immediately. May be garnished with additional cheese and scallions 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.