★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbmr. dells hash brown potatoes
1/4 cplus 2 tbs melted butter
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
12 ozfrench onion dip
2 cgrated cheddar cheese
1 ccrushed corn flakes
How to Make Mr. Dell's Original Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Pour 1/2 stick of melted butter, or 1/4 cup, into 9 x 12 baking dish. Add 1/2 package, or 5 cups, of frozen hash browns.
- Mix soup, dip and milk in separate bowl and pour half over hash browns. Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese on top.
- Add remainder of hash browns and rest of the soup mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and THEN, cover with crushed Corn Flakes.
- Drizzle 2 TB melted butter over the Corn Flakes.
- Bake for 60 minutes. "For food safety and quality purposes, this product must be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees prior to eating, without overcooking.
- FYI....if you don't have French Onion Dip, you can use 12 oz sour cream and 1/2 cup chopped green onions.