MORNING PECAN CASSEROLE
- 1 pkg
- (7 oz.) brown and serve sausage patties
- 12 slice
- raisin bread, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- each nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup or maple flavored syrup
How to Make MORNING PECAN CASSEROLE
- 1Brown the sausage patties according to package directions. Cut patties into bite size pieces. Spread bread cubes in bottom of a lightly greased 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Top with sausage pieces.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg & cinnamon. Pour over bread and sausage, pressing lightly to thoroughly moisten the bread.
Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3For topping, in a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, butter, and maple syrup. Drop by teaspoonfuls over top of egg mixture.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350^ for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.