Mexican Cheese Souffle
20 ozcanned green chiles (this equals 5, 4-ounce cans)
1 lbsharp cheddar cheese, sliced
1 lbmonterey jack cheese, sliced
4 largeeggs, separated
13 ozevaporated milk (1 can)
dash(es)salt and pepper
How to Make Mexican Cheese Souffle
- Wash, flatten and remove seeds from chiles (if any). Place half the chilies in the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole.
- Cover chilies with Cheddar cheese slices. Add remaining half of chilies ad cover with Monterey Jack slices.
- Beat egg yolks, flour and milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour over chilies and cheese layers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until top is brown.