Mexican Cheese Souffle
- 20 oz
- canned green chiles (this equals 5, 4-ounce cans)
- 1 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 lb
- monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 4 large
- eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp
- 13 oz
- evaporated milk (1 can)
- salt and pepper
How to Make Mexican Cheese Souffle
- 1Wash, flatten and remove seeds from chiles (if any). Place half the chilies in the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole.
- 2Cover chilies with Cheddar cheese slices. Add remaining half of chilies ad cover with Monterey Jack slices.
- 3Beat egg yolks, flour and milk. Add salt and pepper.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into egg yolk mixture.
- 5Pour over chilies and cheese layers.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until top is brown.