★★★★★ 1 vote5
- frozen eggo homestyle waffles, cubed
- 16 oz
- maple breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
How to Make Maple Sausage And Waffle Casserole
- 1cook the sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until well browned, 8-10 minutes.
- 2grease a 8 inch square baking dish. add half of the cubed waffles in a single layer.
- 3top with half of the sausage and 1/2 cup of the cheese. layer the remaining waffles and sausage and 1/2 cup more cheese.
- 4whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole.
- 5wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- 6bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.