Maple Brioche Bread Pudding w/Smoke Bacon Streusel
INGREDIENTS FOR STREUSEL
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspcoarse sea salt
6 oz(3/4) cup cold unsalted butter
SMOKE SLAB BACON
2 slicesmoked bacon, diced in pieces for frying
FOR BREAD PUDDING
1loaf brioche bread or challah loaf, cut in cubes
5 cwhole milk or half and half
3 Tbsppure maple syrup
1 tspkosher salt
·soft butter for greasing baking dish
·confectioner sugar and maple syrup for serving
How to Make Maple Brioche Bread Pudding w/Smoke Bacon Streusel
Let’s start with streusel
1. Mix together flour, brown sugar, and salt. Using a fork or your fingers, cut butter into the flour mixture until small to medium clumps are form.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. You may have more then you need to cover bread pudding, you can put the excess in a plastic container and freeze to top on another recipe.
- Now let’s prepare bread pudding - preheat oven to 350 degrees
• In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, maple
syrup, vanilla and salt.
• Arrange 1” cubes of brioche in 9 x 9 greased baking dish.
• Pour mixture over bread and press the bread down.
• Let bread soak for about 10 minutes.
• Top bread pudding with prepared streusel and then add
• Place bread pudding in oven and bake for 45 – 60 minutes or
until pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
• Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
• With a sieve, dust bread pudding with confectioner’s sugar
and with maple syrup.