Mama-N-Em's Venison Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Schelley Brown Francis
1 chalf and half
2heaping tablespoons chopped green onions
·salt and pepper to taste
1loaf of texas toast
1 lbpkg. spicy sausage or deer sausage, cooked and drained of fat
1 1/2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Mama-N-Em's Venison Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- In a bowl, beat eggs until they loosen up. Add half and half and the green onions to egg mixture. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grease a 12 x 10-inch baking pan with butter or spray oil. If you double the recipe use a large foil roasting pan. (Then you don't have anything to wash up later)
- Line the pan with Texas toast including the sides of the dish and completely cover the bottom of dish. You can leave whole slice on bottom. You may have to tear to make it lay flat on bottom.
- Cover the bread on bottom of dish with the cooked and drained sausage and cover with cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the entire bottom of dish covering the sausage and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook covered for 25-30 minutes or until the egg mixture set and browns. This may take longer if you double the recipe.