Mama-N-Em's Venison Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Schelley Brown Francis
- 1 c
- half and half
- heaping tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- loaf of texas toast
- 1 lb
- pkg. spicy sausage or deer sausage, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 1/2 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- non-stick spray
How to Make Mama-N-Em's Venison Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1In a bowl, beat eggs until they loosen up. Add half and half and the green onions to egg mixture. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Grease a 12 x 10-inch baking pan with butter or spray oil. If you double the recipe use a large foil roasting pan. (Then you don't have anything to wash up later)
- 3Line the pan with Texas toast including the sides of the dish and completely cover the bottom of dish. You can leave whole slice on bottom. You may have to tear to make it lay flat on bottom.
- 4Cover the bread on bottom of dish with the cooked and drained sausage and cover with cheese.
- 5Pour the egg mixture over the entire bottom of dish covering the sausage and cheese.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Preheat oven to 350. Cook covered for 25-30 minutes or until the egg mixture set and browns. This may take longer if you double the recipe.