Make Ahead Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 1/2 tsp
- prepared minced garlic
- 10 medium
- 1 c
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp
- italian blend seasoning
- 4 c
- 1 bag of refrigerated seasoned hash browns (not frozen type)
How to Make Make Ahead Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1Brown the sausage with garlic, then remove unwanted grease.
- 2Make your "egg mixture" in a medium bowl with eggs, milk, green onions, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper, Italian seasoning blend. Whisk to combine.
- 3Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray. Add the hash browns on bottom and spread out evenly. Next, top with the browned sausage.
- 4Pour "egg mixture" evenly over the sausage. Top with the shredded sharp cheese. Place in refrigerator for overnight.
- 5In the morning - preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place casserole in preheated oven and bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until eggs have set up (test the middle of the casserole with a knife). Let casserole cool for 5 to 10 minutes, cut and serve.