"Kiss My Grits" Casserole
Each individual can add those as they sit down to eat...
1 cquick cooking grits
3 cwater, boiling
1 lbbreakfast sausage
1 smallonion, chopped
2 csharpe cheddar cheese, grated
·salt and pepper ( to taste)
·tabasco sauce ( to taste)
How to Make "Kiss My Grits" Casserole
- Combine water, milk, salt and pepper ( to your liking)
Bring to a boil
- Add grits.
Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes on low.
- Saute' onion and sausage in a nonstick skillet until onion is transparent and sausage is not pink.
- In a bowl, combine grits,
sausage, and onion mixture.
- also add beaten egg,
1 cup of cheese
and tabasco sauce ( to your taste)
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with Pam cooking spray
Bake at 350* for 30 minutes
- The last 10 minutes of cook time,
top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese