Karen's fast and easy cheese grits
- 2 cups
- water, boiling
- stick butter or margerine
- small-medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup
- quick cooking grits
- large handfulls cheddar cheese
How to Make Karen's fast and easy cheese grits
- 1bring the 2 cups water to a rolling boil in a saucepan
- 2add 1/2 cup of quick cooking (not instant) grits, reduce fire to medium heat and cook while stirring to keep from forming lumps and sticking to pot( I use a wire whisk to stir it). It shouldn't be completely cooked, because the microwave will finish cooking it
- 3remove grits from fire and add the egg, whisking to beat it into grits, 1/2 stick margarine,minced garlic clove, and cheddar cheese (or fiesta blend cheese).
- 4transfer mixture to a buttered microwave-safe casserole dish, and place in microwave, cover dish, and finish cooking; between 1-3 minutes,depending on desired thickness, stirring halfway.