Judy's Bisquick Biscuits
- 2 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- milk *amount is in directions
- flour for dusting surface
How to Make Judy's Bisquick Biscuits
- 1Put 2 Tbsp. lemon juice in measuring cup and add *enough milk to measure 2/3 cup. Let lemon juice and milk mixture sit for about 5 min.
- 2In mixing bowl, combine bisquick, baking powder and sugar. Add egg and milk mixture to bisquick mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- 3Place dough on a lightly floured surface, and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour, use just enough flour to bring dough together. Knead flour into dough until dough comes together, about 12 times, do not over knead. Pat dough out with hands to about
1 1/4 inches thick. Using round biscuit cutter, rim of glass, or whatever you like to use. Cut out biscuits. Place on parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 450 degrees F. 10 minutes or until golden.
- 4Notes: I usually rework the dough and get about 8-9 biscuits from this recipe. When I say rework I mean I gather up scraps after cutting buscuits and put the scraps back together and pat out and cut. Just don't over work the dough or the biscuits will be tough. Also, I have floured my surface with bisquick in the past, but I don't think the end result is the best result for me. I like using flour instead, I think it makes for a better finished product. It seems the bisquick is too heavy.