Jo Mazzotti-A Brunch Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- butter or oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground pork
- 8 large
- onions, sliced
- 8 oz
- tomato paste
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- celery bunch, sliced
- green peppers, diced
- lemon, juice only
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
How to Make Jo Mazzotti-A Brunch Casserole
- 1You may use 3 cans concentrated tomato soup instead of one can tomato paste and 2 cups water.
- 2Use a large package of broad noodles.
- 3Cook together the oil, meat and sliced onions until well browned.
- 4Add the tomato paste and water, mushrooms, celery, green peppers, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, salt and pepper and the cubed cheese.
- 5Simmer for 15 minutes to make a rich sauce.
- 6Meanwhile, using a large pan, bring salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until just tender.
- 7Drain noodles and mix with the sauce in a large pan.
- 8Cover tightly and simmer slowly one hour on top of the stove or in a 350 degree oven.