Jo Mazzotti-A Brunch Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbutter or oil
1 1/2 lblean ground pork
8 largeonions, sliced
8 oztomato paste
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1celery bunch, sliced
2green peppers, diced
1/2lemon, juice only
1salt and pepper to taste
1 lbsharp cheddar cheese, cubed
How to Make Jo Mazzotti-A Brunch Casserole
- You may use 3 cans concentrated tomato soup instead of one can tomato paste and 2 cups water.
- Use a large package of broad noodles.
- Cook together the oil, meat and sliced onions until well browned.
- Add the tomato paste and water, mushrooms, celery, green peppers, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, salt and pepper and the cubed cheese.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to make a rich sauce.
- Meanwhile, using a large pan, bring salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until just tender.
- Drain noodles and mix with the sauce in a large pan.
- Cover tightly and simmer slowly one hour on top of the stove or in a 350 degree oven.