ITALIAN BREAKFAST BAKE "HOAGIE STYLE"
I cut up my leftover hoagie and added cheese, onion and eggs; soak overnight and throw in the oven the next morning. It really is delicious!! You can double this and add peppers or mushrooms if you wish.
14 inch baked italian hoagie or sub
1/8 chalf and half, or milk
2 Tbspfrozen diced onion-or more if you like
1/4 citalian cheese blend
1/2slice swiss cheese
·salt and pepper
MY FAVORITE HOAGIE CONSISTS OF:
18 in sesame loaf
·ham, salami, pizza cheese and pizza sauce
·**this hoagie is oven-baked to perfection**
How to Make ITALIAN BREAKFAST BAKE "HOAGIE STYLE"
- Get your hoagie and eat half of it:) Or if you prefer just use the Hoagie ingredients listed above in the mixture.
- Roughly chop up the hoagie, remove most of the pizza sauce-but leave a little or as much as you like. place in a small oven safe baking dish; sprayed with Pam or buttered. Place the onions on top.
- Mix the eggs, cheese and half and half (or milk) well. Pour over the bread mixture.
Push the mixture down into the bread mixture to get it starting to soak up the eggs.
- Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning let it sit out for a bit at room temp, or microwave on 30% power for about 1 1/2 mins. (You can add more milk if its soaked up too much.)
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 min or until nicely puffed. Let sit for about 5-10 min before serving.