Huevos y Chorizo Cazuela(Eggs & Chorizo Casserole)
- 1 lb
- bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 lb
- country style sausage
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 16 oz
- country style hash brown potatoes, frozen
- 12 large
- 1 c
- whole milk or half and half
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- crema, (mexican sour cream) or sour cream (optional)
- taco sauce, hot sauce, salsa (optional)
How to Make Huevos y Chorizo Cazuela(Eggs & Chorizo Casserole)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 Deg.
- 2Coat a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray. Place frozen potatoes in bottom of pan.
- 3In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown both sausages until cooked through and crumbly.
*Note: Chorizo can be very greasy so be sure to drain well.
- 4While Sausage is browning dice one medium onion and layer evenly over potatoes.
- 5Drain sausage mixture and layer evenly over top of potatoes and onion.
- 6In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, until combined. Pour mixture over rest of ingredients, in pan, and let settle.
- 7Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until eggs are set. Check with toothpick and when it comes out clean it's done.
- 8Remove pan, from oven, and mop up any excess grease from top.* Cover mixture with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- 9When done,Let casserole sit for at least 10 minutes,it will be very hot. Cut into 8 servings and top with Crema or Sour Cream, and/or your favorite sauce or salsa. Enjoy!
- 10*TIP: Use paper towel or slices of bread to mop off excess grease from casserole.