Huevos y Chorizo Cazuela(Eggs & Chorizo Casserole)
1 lbbulk chorizo sausage
1 lbcountry style sausage
1 mediumonion, diced
16 ozcountry style hash brown potatoes, frozen
1 cwhole milk or half and half
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
·crema, (mexican sour cream) or sour cream (optional)
·taco sauce, hot sauce, salsa (optional)
How to Make Huevos y Chorizo Cazuela(Eggs & Chorizo Casserole)
- Preheat oven to 400 Deg.
- Coat a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray. Place frozen potatoes in bottom of pan.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown both sausages until cooked through and crumbly.
*Note: Chorizo can be very greasy so be sure to drain well.
- While Sausage is browning dice one medium onion and layer evenly over potatoes.
- Drain sausage mixture and layer evenly over top of potatoes and onion.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, until combined. Pour mixture over rest of ingredients, in pan, and let settle.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until eggs are set. Check with toothpick and when it comes out clean it's done.
- Remove pan, from oven, and mop up any excess grease from top.* Cover mixture with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- When done,Let casserole sit for at least 10 minutes,it will be very hot. Cut into 8 servings and top with Crema or Sour Cream, and/or your favorite sauce or salsa. Enjoy!
- *TIP: Use paper towel or slices of bread to mop off excess grease from casserole.