★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 large
- 3 c
- 1 lb
- sausage, regular, country, italian, hot, mild, whatever you like
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- grated cheddar or jack and cheddar blend
- 1 box
- cornbread stuffing mix
How to Make Holiday Egg Bake
- 1Brown sausage and drain. Return to pan and add onion and pepper. Cook until onion is soft. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 2Beat eggs to break yolks and combine. Add milk and mix well. Add all other ingredients (including cheese) and stir to combine.
- 3Pour mixture into a well greased 9x13 pan. At this point casserole may be covered and put in refrigerator overnight. Remove from fridge about an hour before baking.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Let set for about 10 minutes before serving.