Hearty Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb
- tennessee pride pork sausage
- bag frozen oreida diced hashbrowns with onions and peppers
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 12 large
- eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Hearty Breakfast Casserole
- 1In 12" skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. When done, lift with spatula and drain on paper towels, saving fat in skillet.
- 2Next, add the hasbrowns with onions and peppers to skillet and cook until slightly browned.
- 3Add the sausage back to skillet with hashbrowns. Mix well.
- 4In a 3 qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam, add the mixture of meat and potatoes. Level well.
- 5In a large microwave proof bowl, add Velveeta cheese cubes and Rotel tomatoes together and microwave several minutes until melted. Stir together until smooth and cheese is all melted.
- 6Pour cheese sauce over the potato mixture. Set aside.
- 7Beat eggs with a little milk and the salt and pepper. Pour over the cheese sauce covered potato mixture.
- 8Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until puffy and set, about 45 min.
- 9Remove foil and continue baking until eggs are no longer wet.
- 10Top with shredded cheddar and return to oven just long enough for cheese to melt.
- 11Let cool for about 10-12 min. Cool on rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- 12Refrigerate leftovers. This also freezes well. I wrap individual servings in Saran Wrap and freeze. When needed, I just microwave in the Saran Wrap and serve.