Hartwell Farm Corn Pudding
What a unique way to dress up a down home recipe for company!!
I will post my mother's corn pudding recipe, too because I did not find either one of them already on JAP
1 lbcan (2 cups) cream-style corn
1 cmed-fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tbspchopped green pepper
4 ozsliced cheddar cheese, cut in 1 1/2-inch squares
3 slicebacon, cut in 1 1 /2-inch lengths
How to Make Hartwell Farm Corn Pudding
- Combine corn, bread crumbs, milk, green pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Arrange alternate pieces of cheese and bacon across top in checkerboard fashion.
- NOTE: I find the easiest way to cut the bacon is with scissors -- You can cut through the whole 3-stack at precise intervals which makes it speedy, neat, and easy. Using a knife seems to distort the bacon.
- Bake 325 F for 1 to 1 1/4 hours