Hartwell Farm Corn Pudding
What a unique way to dress up a down home recipe for company!!
I will post my mother's corn pudding recipe, too because I did not find either one of them already on JAP
- 1 lb
- can (2 cups) cream-style corn
- 1 c
- med-fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 oz
- sliced cheddar cheese, cut in 1 1/2-inch squares
- 3 slice
- bacon, cut in 1 1 /2-inch lengths
How to Make Hartwell Farm Corn Pudding
- 1Combine corn, bread crumbs, milk, green pepper, salt, and pepper.
- 2Pour into 10x6x2 baking dish.
- 3Arrange alternate pieces of cheese and bacon across top in checkerboard fashion.
- 4NOTE: I find the easiest way to cut the bacon is with scissors -- You can cut through the whole 3-stack at precise intervals which makes it speedy, neat, and easy. Using a knife seems to distort the bacon.
- 5Bake 325 F for 1 to 1 1/4 hours