★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 10 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- 1 pt
- cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 can(s)
- mild diced chiles, 7 oz.
- 1 c
- chopped ham, about 1/2-inch squares
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 jar(s)
- salsa verde
- tub of sour cream
How to Make Green Eggs & Ham Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except butter, salsa and sour cream.
- 2Melt butter and pour into a 9x13-inch pan, quickly swirling to coat bottom.
- 3Pour mixture into pan and bake 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.
- 4About 10 minutes before casserole is ready, warm up salsa verde in a saucepan.
- 5Remove casserole from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Pour salsa verde over the casserole, reserving some for individuals to add more if desired. Top with a dollop of sour cream.