French Toast Strata Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbcountry sausage, bulk
2apples, thinly sliced
2/3 cmaple syrup
1 tspground nutmeg
1italian bread, loaf, cut into 1/2" slices
How to Make French Toast Strata Pie
- In large skillet, cook sausage.
- Remove from skillet, drain and crumble.
- Add apple slices to skillet; cook, covered, over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs; add milk, 1/3 cup maple syrup and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In buttered 10" pie plate, arrange 3/4 of the bread slices.
- Top with sausage, apples and remainig bread slices.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve immediately with additional maple syrup. (Refrigerate leftovers).