French Toast Strata Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- country sausage, bulk
- apples, thinly sliced
- 4 c
- 2/3 c
- maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- italian bread, loaf, cut into 1/2" slices
How to Make French Toast Strata Pie
- 1In large skillet, cook sausage.
- 2Remove from skillet, drain and crumble.
- 3Add apple slices to skillet; cook, covered, over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- 4In medium bowl, beat eggs; add milk, 1/3 cup maple syrup and nutmeg. Mix well.
- 5In buttered 10" pie plate, arrange 3/4 of the bread slices.
- 6Top with sausage, apples and remainig bread slices.
- 7Pour milk mixture evenly over the top.
- 8Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 9Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until set and golden.
- 10Serve immediately with additional maple syrup. (Refrigerate leftovers).