French Toast Shortcut
How to Make French Toast Shortcut
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- 2Beat with a whisk, electric beater or blender. Note: The more froth you can create (aggressive beating) in this mixture, the fluffier your french toast will be.
- 3Slice the bread into cubes.
- 4Fold the bread cubes (and optional ingredients) into the egg mixture.You may need to carefully fold the bread cubes a few times, to ensure they are getting thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- 5Let the mixture sit for 2 or 3 minutes, until the bread becomes saturated.
- 6While the mixture is sitting, prepare a frying pan with cooking spray, butter, margarine or oil (any one will do, as long as it prevents the french toast from sticking.
- 7Set the frying pan on a medium-low heat. Pour in the mixture.
- 8Pat down any bread cubes that may not be lying very flat.
- 9Cover the frying pan with a lid, or pizza pan.
- 10Cook approx. 5 minutes until the egg mixture appears firm on the top.
- 11Either 1. flip the french toast with a spatula, to produce a golden brown on both sides. or 2. Continue cooking with the lid on, to give a bread pudding look to your french toast
- 12Serve hot with butter, syrup, or sliced fruits, or dusted with powdered sugar.