French Toast Shortcut
How to Make French Toast Shortcut
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- Beat with a whisk, electric beater or blender. Note: The more froth you can create (aggressive beating) in this mixture, the fluffier your french toast will be.
- Slice the bread into cubes.
- Fold the bread cubes (and optional ingredients) into the egg mixture.You may need to carefully fold the bread cubes a few times, to ensure they are getting thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 or 3 minutes, until the bread becomes saturated.
- While the mixture is sitting, prepare a frying pan with cooking spray, butter, margarine or oil (any one will do, as long as it prevents the french toast from sticking.
- Set the frying pan on a medium-low heat. Pour in the mixture.
- Pat down any bread cubes that may not be lying very flat.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid, or pizza pan.
- Cook approx. 5 minutes until the egg mixture appears firm on the top.
- Either 1. flip the french toast with a spatula, to produce a golden brown on both sides. or 2. Continue cooking with the lid on, to give a bread pudding look to your french toast
- Serve hot with butter, syrup, or sliced fruits, or dusted with powdered sugar.